Sunday, March 2, 2008

Parts Problems

Started on the studding idlers. Looks like the Z idler pulley size has changed since I ordered my parts. Using the plastic ones from BitsFromBytes instead of the aluminum ones from McMaster. Those had the wrong bore (1/4") anyway.

Also looks like the springs I got from McMaster are the wrong size. They're 9/32" OD, which makes them smaller that the studding they're supposed to slip over. I can probably find some reasonable springs somewhere.

It also looks like the toothed belts and pulleys I got from McMaster are a different pitch than the RP'd pulleys. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.

No comments: